Struggling with Sin

Every day is a battle when you have allowed yourself into sin. Everyday is a battle when you've allowed it to penetrate your mind, body and soul. We all have the sin nature. It is like cancer. We all have cancer living inside of us. With cancer though, we don't always know what triggers it to grow and take over our body. We do know that there are things that can make cancer worse or cause it to grow in our systems. Smoking is one thing. We are warned that if we smoke we will develop lung cancer. Well sin is the same way. Yes we all have it in us, the sin nature. There are days where it doesn't even phase us. But we are warned in the bible that there are things we need to avoid, temptations, that make the sin in us grow, and want more, until it takes over our body, like cancer. The bible warns us to avoid temptations of all kinds. Do not give into it, even once. You know why? Cause once you give into it once, sin has a foothold on us. It has grown just a little bit. It is now that much harder to fight. Like fire. Fire needs oxygen to grow. That is why they say don't blow out a fire. If you give that fire just a little bit of oxygen, it will grow just a little bit more and it will be that much harder to fight and put out. The same with sin. Give sin just a little bit of oxygen, & it will grow & be just that much harder to fight.

Like stated in the post before, I have given into sin. And every day it is a hard battle to put out that fire within me. I fooled myself into thinking that if I just pray to God and confess it, it will all be over. No problems, no desires, nada! Well I was wrong. I still have that desire in me to sin, we all do. I have given it so much oxygen it is like a burning blaze throughout my body. You can't put out a forest fire in one hour, not even a day! Neither can you put out the blaze of sin in your body in one day. Don't get me wrong, God's forgiveness is immediate! He has already forgiven our sins before we have even committed them. (Now that doesn't mean we don't have to ask for forgiveness, we still do. But it is immediate) God warns us not to indulge in sin, especially sexual sin. Not because he won't forgive us, but because he knows the effects it has on our body and our flesh. We will still suffer the consequences of our actions. That is something I have had to learn, the very hard way.

In my life, I was never made to be accountable to my actions. Someone always covered it up for me. Even from very young. Yeah my parents grounded me when I was a kid, a young kid, but not much. And I never learned that I was the one who caused all of my anguish. Yeah you read in the bible that there are consequences to sin, and you learn that you shouldn't do things or you could go to jail...and blah blah blah....I know that is what I thought, well it is not just blah, blah, blah. I didn't try to follow the rules, all I did was try my best not to get caught. And I succeeded very well. And when I did get caught with "my pants down" so to speak, I wanted to throw a fit. Can't do that. There is always a price to pay, when you sin. Like I tell my daughter when she disobeys. There are consequences for our actions. When you do this, this will happen. If you don't like the outcome, then don't do the action.

Now, am I saying that I have all this figured out? NO! Am I done with my suffering cause of the sin I have allowed myself to indulge in? Not by all means! I am just at a point now, where I realize that there is always going to be a battle inside of me. God showed me this through a friend and reaffirmed that tonight. There is always that struggle to choose from right and wrong. And when you do wrong, you have to accept the consequences. I am finally at a point where I know God loves me, even though I have messed up, and always will love me, even though I have to endure his discipline. I am not above everyone else. I will be chastised, out of love, and be taught what sin does to me. Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment that we really deserved, cause he loved us. He didn't want us to suffer the way He suffered. But we daily put ourselves in places we shouldn't be and we endure the consequences we deserve, because we put ourselves in that position.

Everyday is a struggle...

Romans 7:15-25
15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Everyday is a struggle...but praise be to God that He is there to bring me through this. It is not over yet, but I have the assurance from God, one day, it will be...

Comments