Faith and Obedience
This post is a few journal entries written within a few months of each other. I was in the midst of pain, trying to heal from past hurts and grief. God will show me things and speak to me over a few days or, sometimes, a few months.
Journal Entry Date: December 13, 2023
Faith and Obedience through the pain
It's a pain day. Real bad in my left foot and leg. And when I move, I feel it in my back. I'm tired of pain. I'm tired of hurting. I can't do anything. But that may be what I'm supposed to do. Do nothing.
I will still believe. I will still have faith. I will still be obedient.
"In your anger, do not sin. When you are on your beds, search your heart and be silent." Psalm 4:4
There is temptation lurking at my door. I feel it. The enemy knows my weaknesses. My hidden desires. But I will not be like Esau, who traded his birthright for a single meal.
~//~
Song: Peace Be Still by Hope Darst
This song was my favorite worship song during this time.
![]() |
| Journal Entry December 27, 2023 Song: Fear Is a Liar by Zach Williams |
~//~
Journal Entry Date: February 8, 2024
Reading Genesis 40 and 41, there is a lot of wisdom to be learned in these chapters.
Obedience: Joseph was falsely imprisoned, but he was still obedient to the jailers. His obedience put him in charge. Even then, he was obedient and didn't use his position to escape.
Patience: After Joseph interpreted the dreams, he asked the cupbearer to remember him. Well, he did, but not for two years. But Joseph's obedience to God and his patience led him to stand in front of Pharaoh. God is a God of perfect timing. So have patience.
Faith: After everything Joseph had gone through, he still had faith in God. He trusted Him. Which allowed him to have patience and to be obedient. He could have gotten bitter, but he didn't. He had faith.
Trust: To occupy the position Joseph held, he had to be trustworthy. Joseph placed his trust in God, demonstrating that he could be trusted with everything. While most people might take advantage, and many family members did, Joseph chose not to. His obedience to God defined him as trustworthy.
Provisions: God provides for our needs. Always. We received a bonus the other day, and my mind immediately went to God, thinking: "What is God preparing us for?" Mark thought I was crazy. I understand his thinking because of my "doomsday" thinking and because of some past situations. But God does provide for what's to come. Turns out we needed to get some work done on the van. And then I was able to get a medical device to help with my pain. So you see? He does provide. So seek His guidance when you come into some extra money.
~//~
During this time, I read a lot about Joseph and the struggles he went through. God taught me a lot through his life and experiences.
Jen

Comments