Journal Entry April 14, 2023: You will have all you need
Back in April 2023, I booked a flight to go visit a friend who really needed some support. I wanted to be there for her, and I felt God telling me I needed to do this. I was scared. For many reasons, as you will see below. But I didn't let it deter me. She went out of her way to come see me when my dad died, being one of only a few who did that for me. It spoke volumes. So I was for sure going to be there for her. But it was after the trip that God revealed to me this wisdom below.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Journal Entry Date: April 14, 2023
Flying home today. I'm on the plane right now. It was late taking off cause they were trying to seat some passengers. God has really spoken to me a lot on this trip. I can't even begin to say how grateful I am for it. I was reading 2nd Corinthians today in Chapter 9. I've read through it many times before, but this time it really resonated with me. I've quoted the part before where it says:
"Each of you should give what you have decided to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7
But the next verse really got me today.
"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8
I was afraid to make this trip. I was afraid how my back would hold out and how much pain I would be in. And afraid of traveling alone. But God kept me safe. He kept me from hurting. He watched over me. It's not that I doubted God could protect me; I just didn't know what to expect, especially after the past two years.
But something dawned on me. Like really dawned on me. God told me to go see her. So I did. And God provided.
"So that in all things at all times, having all [ I ] need, [ I ] will abound in every good work."
I said the statement, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it," many times. But it didn't really hit me and sink in until now. God called me to this and protected me. It isn't the first time He's done this. All through taking care of my dad through the last few months of his life, God gave me strength. He kept my back from going out. Which is amazing. I held my dad up when he was weak. I lifted him up. I slept on their couch. Through so many hard moments, God kept my back safe.
I need to stop being afraid. I need to trust God. He will equip me for all things He calls me to do. I need to listen to His voice, be obedient, and He will equip me for what he calls me to do. I am humbled. Right now, on this plane, I'm brought to tears by this. Thank you, God.
Jen

Comments